Transceiver module RFM12B
Status: Classic (S1), Limited (D, S2)
- A complete transceiver
- Small shape
- High sensitivity, high output power
- Range up to 300 meter*
- SPI interface
- Very stable frequency (PLL)
- Frequency hopping possible
- Low power consumption: 25 mA TX max., 3 mA stand-by
- Power consumption receiver: 10 mA
- Sleep power consumption: 0.3 µA
- Power supply range: 2.2-3.8 V
- FSK modulation
- High data rate: up to 115.2 kbit/s
- Industrial temperature range: -40oC to +85oC
- Wireless security systems
- Remote control
- Wireless sensors
- Home automation
- Tire pressure monitoring
The RFM12B transceiver module is a complete RF receiver and transmitter, suited for exchanging data with a data rate up to 115.2 kbit/s. The transceiver module is an efficient receiver with a high sensitivity and an efficient transmitter with high ouput power. Because of the SMD construction, the module has a very small shape.
The transceiver can be controlled directly by a microcontroller with SPI interface. This way the total hardware of the system can be limited to a minimum.
The module is available for the 433 MHz en 868 MHz ISM frequency bands used in Europe.
The module comes in six different packages: DIL, SMD1 en SMD2 and in every package the option for DIE or TSSOP (suffix: P).
There is no difference between the DIE and TSSOP version other than the TSSOP package is better suited for Reflow manufacturing.
The S1 package in TSSOP (Suffix:P) is normal stock.
* under specific conditions:
The range depends on the following parameters:
- TX power
- RX sensitivity
- Data rate
- Transmitter bandwidth
- Receiver bandwidth
- Antenna height
- Antenna type
- Radio protocol